CC/ADA is planning to recognize participation in their 2019 Wild Rose shows. A Participation Recognition Award will be presented to every horse/rider combination that shows in 3 of 4 of the following shows:
- Chinook Country Dressage Wild Rose Series (May 5, 2019)
- Cypress & Medicine Hat Wild Rose Dressage Show (May 18-19, 2019)
- CC/ADA Summer Wild Rose Dressage Show (June 15-16, 2019)
- Chinook Country Dressage Wild Rose Series (August 24, 2019)
So mark these dates on your calendar, and we hope to see you at these shows.
CC/ADA will be hosting its 2019 Summer Dressage Show: June 15-16, at the Claresholm Agriplex.
This is a dual-sanctioned EC Bronze and AEF Wild Rose event.
You may enter a horse in either the EC Bronze or the AEF Wild Rose Dressage Show.
Thanks to the executive/directors who volunteered to return to their positions for 2019. An amazing group of volunteers.
Thank you to the Southern Alberta Summer Games, Taber, for the donation of $500 for providing the dressage fence and volunteers to judge, scribe, & score for the 2018 Dressage Division.
Interesting statistics 2018: 33 CC/ADA members; 126 CC/ADA Facebook followers; 79 Medicine Hat Facebook dressage followers
Successful 2018 Dressage Shows: Medicine Hat 2-day show in May with 19 riders; Claresholm EC Bronze show; two 1-day Wild Rose Shows in Lethbridge
Thank you to the ADA Casino Funds that offset the costs of officials' fees & facility rentals for these shows. This reduces the Rider Entry fees and allows the awarding of prize monies & awards.
CC/ADA will retain club memberships in AEF & SAEC.
Show news 2019:
- Claresholm Bronze/Wild Rose show June 15-16th: major details organized; prize lists available in March; sponsorship needed to be able to offer prize monies & awards for Bronze show & ribbons for Wild Rose show
- Wild Rose shows: “Chinook Dressage Series” awards for participation in the 2019 series. (Bronze/WR Claresholm (June); WR Medicine Hat (May); Wild Rose Lethbridge (May & August). Award details pending.
Clinic news 2019:
- Dressage Scribe Clinic: evening May 4th with judge Chris Collins who will judge the WR show Sunday, May 5th
- Apr.13: Ride-a-Test Day at Edgewood Stable with judge critique
- Oct.5th weekend: Ride to Music workshop with clinician. Details TBA.
- CC/ADA has sponsored the EA/ADA Gold Show & Provincials for $1000 as part of their annual support for ADA area group hosted Gold shows
- Volunteers needed: Mane Event ADA booth in Red Deer Sunday, Apr.28; ADA casino volunteers in the last quarter of 2019 in Calgary
- CC/ADA removed the deadline for membership; being a member offers you reduced fees for clinics & shows. Required for application for ADA Dressage Recognition Awards.
- One of the CC/ADA dressage fences will be stored in Medicine Hat at the Dunmore Facility to facilitate the increased interest in dressage in that area including their WR show May 18-19th