Welcome to the Alberta Junior Young Riders Dressage Association
All junior riders in Alberta who are interested in dressage are encouraged to become members. Members are eligible for clinics, education subsidies and yearly awards.
The Alberta Junior Young Rider Dressage Program (AJR/YRDP) is an association of owners, riders, and individuals who are interested in:
- * Promoting the equestrian sport of dressage within the province of Alberta.
- * Developing equestrian skills in the sport of dressage.
- * Building a base for the future of dressage in Alberta by supporting the riders under the age of 21 years.
To identify any junior young rider with talent and desire, to compete for and represent his or her province and ultimately compete internationally for Canada through the following methods:
1. Communication - To inform all junior young rider of the North American Young Riders Competition (NAJYRC) and what the prerequisites are.
2. Education - To help each interested rider develop their skills through provision of clinics, workshops, etc.
3. Funding - To seek financial support to help develop this program.
4. Publicity - To improve the awareness of our junior young riders and the sport of dressage through community involvement of this program.
5. Recognition -To initiate an award program in the province for individual achievement.
- To participate in the awards program.
- To support Dressage for juniors in Alberta.
- To wear a Junior/Young Rider Jacket.
- To meet other juniors in Alberta.
- To have a Rider Profile on the website.
- To participate in educational clinics.
- To support Alberta teams in national and international competitions.
Membership fees are due at the beginning of each calendar year. The fees will be $25 per junior member and $10 per associate member.
Members do not require passports for their horse.
Members will be eligible for the awards program. To qualify for awards and funding, members must be in good standing before July 1 of the current year.
Parents may vote in lieu of their child's vote; however, to vote parents must be Associate Members. All parents are encouraged to become Associate Members.
Members must be juniors under the age of 21.
- Must be a member of Alberta Junior/Young Riders in good standing by July 1 of the current year.
- Must have shown in at least 3 Gold or Platinum dressage shows over at least 2 weekends in Alberta in the current year.
- Average will be calculated using the 3 highest scores from at least 2 judges
- Freestyles will not be included in award calculations.
- Training, First, Second, Third and Fourth level awards may only be awarded once at each level to the same horse/rider combination.
- Only one horse per rider will be eligible for the award program in each year.
Young Riders Jackets
All members are eligible to purchase and wear the Junior/Young Riders jacket and crest.
Jackets, along with other merchandise can be ordered online at: https://www.mystable.ca/alberta-junior-young-riders-dressage
2018 Young Riders Executive Team
Central Area Rep.
Southern Area Rep.
Northern Area Rep.